Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quote

Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.
I love this quote so much!!! It is often too true in our lives. We worry about failing, so we don't try. Your biggest regret in life will be missing an opportunity. The hardest part is starting; with anything any life. I went through the first two years of high school, wondering where i would be if I joined cross country. I have always loved to run; it's like it is a part of my system, embedded in me. I went years thinking "what if" but i never tried... My junior year came around and my friend convinced me to go out for cross country even if I was skeptical. I said no the first time, afraid that I wouldn't be good enough for myself. Then I felt like I should join to see where it would take me. I got on the bus to St. Louis not long after that. This is where I met my best friend Katie. Within my first week of running, I made the varsity team, but it came with its challenges. Now, I run for cross country and love it! We are like a family and I've created such a bond with everyone on it. There are still challenges, but I've come to realize that everyone has a struggle. Be it big or small, physical or emotional. We are human, and we are afraid to try and fail. We need to learn though, that if we give it to God, our weaknesses will be made strengths by Him.

5 comments:

  1. I love this!! I totally agree, and feel the same way. I'm so glad we're friends! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote you put with this. I think we should all should be afraid not to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! This picture quote is totally awesome! I will make this my new lock screen, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your quote and the picture that comes along with it. I think this can relate to most everyone. It is very difficult to try new things when you are afraid for failure.
    I also love your last sentence. What great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete